You’re little question conscious that Disney World, together with Disney properties world wide, closed the gates to their Magic Kingdoms in March, in response to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Now we wish to know, when is Disney World Reopening, and the way will it’s totally different? Disney officers are wanting to welcome visitors again to the parks, however wish to be certain it’s performed safely. Let’s learn the way! (Be aware: There’s a lot to unpack right here. Think about using the Contents to skip to your space of curiosity.)
- 11 July 2020: Walt Disney World is open once more! USA Right this moment / Orlando Weekly columnist Seth Kubersky Tweeted his approach by the day within the Magic Kingdom, embedded under.
- 08 July 2020: Up to date steering on face coverings beneath How Visiting Disney World is Altering.
- 24 June 2020: Disneyland delayed, Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea moved up.
- 23 June 2020: Disneyland Paris reopening strikes up; extra eating data; extra Disney World lodge reopenings introduced; and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reaches capability on Day One.
- 22 June 2020: Disney World Park Reservation system opens; extra particulars on temperature checks, Park Hopper choices, and Rides, Points of interest & Occasions.
- 20 June 2020 with extra particulars on eating reservations, Disneyland Hong Kong opens, and the NBA in WDW.
M-I-C… See ya actual quickly! (As in, July!)
Ok-E-Y… Why? As a result of we miss you!
In late Could, Disney World submitted their plans to start a measured re-opening of the Happiest Place on Earth, following the profitable reopening of Shanghai Disney Resort, and Disney Springs in Orlando:
“Pending Orange County and state approval, our Walt Disney World Resort proposal plans for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to start a phased reopening to most people on July 11, adopted by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.” – Disney Parks Weblog
Let’s repeat these dates:
- Magic Kingdom Park: 11 July
- Animal Kingdom Park: 11 July
- Epcot: 15 Jully
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 15 July
It won’t be a return to regular, although. Among the many proposed security measures are limiting park capability and a brand new reservations system for park entry. In accordance with Disney CEO Bob Chapek, the parks will “proceed to comply with enhanced security protocols based mostly upon relevant steering from well being authorities and authorities businesses…”
You’ll discover there aren’t any dates given for the waterparks, Blizzard Seashore and Storm Lagoon. Water parks pose very totally different issues, which have but to be labored out. Along with COVID-19 considerations, Storm Lagoon can be present process enhancements. There is no such thing as a schedule posted for after we can anticipate both park to reopen.
Up to date: How Visiting Disney World Is Altering
Listed here are the main points we’ve got discovered to date:
- Forged members and all visitors over age 2 might be required to put on face coverings, each within the parks and in widespread areas of resort lodges. (Extra particulars under.)
- Company and Forged might be screened for temperature earlier than getting into a theme park. Any visitor with a fever of 100.Four or increased won’t be admitted to the park, and neither will their get together. That is essential to notice; if anybody in your group is sick, it could forestall everybody from getting in.
- Cashless transactions are advisable.
- Cleansing and disinfection procedures might be elevated in high-traffic areas.
- Rides, eating places, and transportation (Monorail, buses, ferries) will restrict seating for social distancing.
- Shops within the parks and in Disney Springs could decrease capability to allow social distancing.
- “Excessive-touch” occasions, resembling character Meet & Greets, Bippity Boppity Boutique makeovers, and playgrounds, are on maintain.
- “Massive gathering” points of interest and occasions – like parades and nighttime spectaculars – won’t return instantly.
- The favored Park Hopper choice won’t be an choice when the parks reopen.
New: Across the nation, the subject of face masks is extensively debated. That debate is moot contained in the gates of the Magic Kingdom. Disney has launched this steering for face coverings:
All face coverings (whether or not disposable or reusable) should:
- Be made with a minimum of two layers of breathable materials
- Absolutely cowl the nostril and mouth and safe beneath the chin
- Match snugly however comfortably towards the aspect of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and permit the Visitor to stay hands-free
Additional, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas aren’t acceptable face coverings in Disney World, following steering from well being authorities. Disney has hinted that, not like at different theme parks, these guidelines might be enforced. In addition they observe that face coverings aren’t an alternative choice to social distancing. Talking of which…
Although not particularly talked about, we anticipate social distancing steering (resembling ground markers) in queues for rides and points of interest, as was seen in Shanghai.
Maybe hardest of all, interactions with Disney characters might be socially distanced. Which makes us marvel: The way you inform a toddler (or a youngster, or an grownup!) that they’ll’t hug Mickey Mouse??? We may even see Disney World reopening, however we are going to in all probability see a number of tears alongside the best way.
4:45 p.m: @skubersky bids farewell to Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Seth has had greater than a full magical day of enjoyable on the park.
Make certain to take a look at our story for a extra in depth have a look at Seth’s adventures and closing ideas! https://t.co/qbQZR4fUG8 pic.twitter.com/9gFoIzxyY4
— USA TODAY Journey (@usatodaytravel) July 11, 2020
Up to date: Ticketing and Reservations
Anybody with tickets for Walt Disney World earlier than the world went on lockdown, or with a resort reservation, in addition to Annual Passholders, have been in a position to reserve park entry occasions earlier than any new tickets have been offered. When you nonetheless have resort reservations in 2021, however now park reservations, you possibly can name to make reservations now, as detailed under. Offered you continue to wish to go to Walt Disney World this 12 months (or subsequent), new ticket gross sales are open once more. See under for extra particulars.
NEW: Disney Park Reservation System Opens
On 22 June, the brand new Park Reservation System opened for Walt Disney World. Initially, it is just out there for visitors with confirmed Disney lodge reservations and theme park tickets. Ticket and Passholders will have the ability to make reservations quickly. In accordance with Disney:
- Starting 22 June 2020, Disney Resort and different choose lodge Company with legitimate theme park admission could make park reservations.
- Starting 26 June 2020, Annual Passholders with no Resort keep could make park reservations.
- Starting 28 June 2020, present ticket holders could make park reservations.
- In case you have a lodge reservation for 2021, however no theme park admission, you’ll need to name the Disney Reservation Middle beginning on 24 June 2020 to improve to a package deal that features tickets, after which make your theme park reservations.
- By 28 June 2020, all Company will have the ability to buy new Disney Resort lodge packages and theme park tickets, and make their park reservations for arrivals beginning in 2021.
- Later this summer season, gross sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort lodge arrivals will resume, based mostly on availability of park reservations.
When making a brand new reservation, or including park admission to an present lodge reservation, Company will have the ability to see park reservation availability. This manner, you gained’t make a reservation solely to search out there aren’t any admission occasions for that day. Nevertheless, as of 22 June, when the system opened, it confirmed no out there at any park by 26 September 2021. That ought to change inside a number of days.
Hollywood Studios Sells Out
When you have been hoping to attain reservations to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios (little question to reside out your internal Insurgent Power fantasies), you’re in all probability out of luck. On Day One, reservations for Hollywood Studios reached capability, a minimum of for the primary few days after the parks open.
With the extremely in style Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, and newly-opened Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Hollywood Studios is the recent ticket at Disney World. It’s additionally the smallest of the parks, which implies decrease capability for social distancing. In case your Disney dates are nonetheless down the street, you might have higher luck getting in, however you should definitely make your reservations as early as attainable to enhance your ods.
No data but on when reservations will open for Disneyland.
Up to date: Rides, Points of interest, and Occasions at Disney World
As we get nearer to Disney World reopening, we’re studying extra about what is going to and won’t be taking place within the parks.
Only a few particulars about how the parks will function have surfaced. Chief amongst them, although, is that the revolutionary FastPass+ system might be suspended as a way to permit for queuing. This appears counter-intuitive; it appears to us that solely providing FastPass would eradicate the strains altogether. As visitors return to the parks, and Disney refines insurance policies and procedures, trip queues are more likely to be a spotlight level.
Further Magic Hours & Social Distancing
Additionally on maintain are the beloved Further Magic Hours. Top-of-the-line perks of staying on website (at a premium versus close by lodges) is the power to get into the parks early, or keep late. No phrase on when that profit may return.
Whereas rides and eating places might be open, there might be social distancing measures in place: Restaurant seating might be lowered by half, and rides may have empty seats to separate visitors. One assumes households might be allowed to sit down collectively, maybe with empty rows between teams.
Attendance ranges are a query but to be answered, too. We all know that entry into the parks would require reservations after they re-open, however there’s no phrase on what number of reservations might be out there every day. The bigger Disney World parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom) can deal with 80,000 day by day guests. The expectation is that, a minimum of at first, attendance might be capped at lower than half of that. (Shanghai Disneyland was restricted by the federal government to one-third of capability.)
NEW: Rides & Points of interest
It seems that a lot of the main rides within the parks might be out there when visitors are welcomed again. From Avatar Flight of Passage within the Animal Kingdom, to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run in Hollywood Studios, to the Magic Kingdom’s Pirates of the Caribbean, traditional rides new and outdated might be working. A whole checklist is offered on the Walt Disney World web site.
Whereas parades and nighttime spectaculars are on maintain, the Character Cavalcades (or Character Cruises in Animal Kingdom) will happen all through the day at numerous occasions in every park. Some reside leisure will return additionally: the Principal Avenue Philharmonic within the Magic Kingdom, and in Epcot, performances on the American Gardens Theatre.
A few of the hottest occasions to go to Walt Disney World are throughout annual occasions and festivals. Some might be again, some won’t. What we all know to date:
- Epcot Worldwide Meals & Wine Pageant will happen when Epcot opens in July.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween on the Magic Kingdom has been cancelled for 2020. As that typically leads proper into Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas, we’re waiting for information on that occasion.
Up to date: Eating Rooms & Eating Plans
When the parks have been shut down in March, all present eating plans and reservations for your complete 12 months have been cancelled. That raises the plain query: The place are we going to eat?
We are able to loosen up, a minimum of just a little: Lots of the eating venues within the parks and resorts might be open, and your Disney Eating Plan will nonetheless preserve you properly fed. The reservation system might be relaunched nearer to reopening, however should you had reservations, you’ll need to rebook these occasions, should you can. When the system opens once more, we are able to make reservations with a 60-day window earlier than your go to, as a substitute of the 180-day window we used to get pleasure from. We’ve already discovered that visitors arriving for the July 11 reopening at Walt Disney World can now make reservations by telephone. As you may anticipate, maintain occasions are reportedly very lengthy.
New: As for modifications to the eating rooms themselves, it’s anticipated that there might be some modifications. The restaurant on the Grand Floridian, for instance, now permits you to reserve your desk prematurely and bypass the hostess stand. Flooring markers point out one-way visitors out and in of the eating room. Moreover, paper menus are changed by digital variations you possibly can learn in your smartphone.
Contained in the Magic Kingdom, the favored restaurant Be Our Visitor has dropped fast service meals, and is now desk service solely. Meaning sit down service might be out there for lunch and dinner, however the restaurant will now not serve breakfast.
Up to date: Reopening Disneyland
This was the plan:
Precisely sixty-five years after the historic opening of Disneyland, the park gates will reopen on July 17, 2020! Plans nonetheless want state and native authorities approvals, however the tentative plan is for Disneyland and Disney California Journey parks to reopen on 17 July, with Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Resort reopening on 23 July. Forward of these dates, the Downtown Disney procuring and eating district will start reopening on 9 July.
That modified when the State of California delayed issuing reopening protocols till after the 4th of July weekend. In a press release on Twitter, Disney Parks broke the information that the Disneyland Resort won’t be opening in July as deliberate. Even worse, they don’t know but when they are going to have the ability to reopen, as a result of they don’t know when the State will launch protocols, or what extra steps the corporate must take.
The Coalition of Resort Labor Unions, which represents a dozen Disneyland Resort unions, and Unite Right here, one other union representing lodge and hospitality employees, had requested California Governor Gavin Newsom to delay the reopening. The teams mentioned they weren’t satisfied that “it’s secure to reopen the parks on Disney’s fast timetable.” Disney has reported “constructive discussions” and a few signed agreements with the unions, in accordance with USA Right this moment.
The Downtown Disney District will nonetheless reopen as deliberate on 9 July. The procuring, eating, and leisure complicated was accredited earlier beneath California’s reopening tips for eating places and retail.
— Disney Parks Information (@DisneyParksNews) June 25, 2020
When Disneyland reopens, it can have lots of the similar restrictions and modifications as we anticipate to see at Disney World. Park capability might be considerably restricted utilizing the identical park reservation system. Much like Disney World, ticket gross sales and Annual Passport gross sales are on pause, and reservations have been cancelled. Company will want a brand new reservation prematurely of entry.
Identical to Disney World, the entire “giant group” gatherings, resembling parades and nighttime spectaculars, stay on maintain. These beloved however “excessive contact” character meet and greets might be paused, too. Rides might be restricted, and visitors might be reminded of social distancing tips, each by signage and skilled forged members. Plus, masks might be required for many visitors.
Up to date: Disney Lodging
When visiting Walt Disney World, we love the enjoyable and comfort of staying “on property.” The truth that the reservation system has been paused, and there’s been little or no data concerning which lodges might be open when, makes planning your Disney World or Disneyland getaway even tougher.
Disney has introduced that Disney Trip Membership properties at Walt Disney World might be out there for Members and Company beginning 22 June. At the moment, Disney additionally introduced opening dates for choose different Disney resorts and lodges, a few of which do have Trip Membership sections. We seen that Disney makes use of the phrase, “will start opening,” which we take to imply that availability could also be restricted. These opening dates are:
- Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Resort plan to reopen on 23 July.
- Disney World
- 22 June: Disney Trip Membership properties at Walt Disney World, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- 29 July: Disney’s Caribbean Seashore Resort
- 12 August: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Artwork of Animation Resort
- 24 August: Disney’s Yacht & Seashore Membership Resorts
- 21 September: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 1 October: Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
- 14 October:Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney Trip Membership properties at Walt Disney World embrace the Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Modern Resort, Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, the Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Home and Kidani Village), Disney’s Seashore Membership and Boardwalk Villas, Disney’s Outdated Key West and Seratoga Springs Resorts, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, and the lovely new Disney Riviera Resort.
You may discover many lodges not on that checklist. In accordance with Disney:
“Given the present scenario, there are some Disney Resort Lodges and different areas that aren’t, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening but. We’ll proceed to guage the scenario and reopen extra areas when the setting is correct to take action.”
Provided that parks will open with lowered capability, it is sensible that not the entire on-property lodge rooms can be wanted. Since most reservations have been cancelled when Disney World closed in March, we anticipate the variety of cancelled reservations additionally performs into the opening of extra properties.
Earlier, we tried to begin a brand new reservation on the Port Orleans resort (for August 2020), and acquired a warning that lodge reservations are “at present unavailable.” Since then, Disney has introduced that visitors can start making new lodge and park reservations beginning 28 June.
The NBA at WDW
Making lodge reservations even tougher to come back by, the NBA has introduced the 2020 season will resume with all video games performed at Disney World. Gamers and workers will all be housed on property, staying the Grand Floridian, Disney’s Yacht Membership Resort, and the brand new Destino Tower at Coronado Springs.
We expect that is type of thrilling, actually. As basketball followers, this might current an amazing alternative to run into a few of our favourite gamers! We’re (not so) secretly hoping that internet hosting NBA video games – and different professional sports activities – at Disney World turns into an everyday factor.
Video games are scheduled to start in “the bubble” on the finish of July, however groups will start arriving on 7 July. When you simply occur to be within the space, this text lists which groups are staying the place, with extra data and schedules in regards to the NBA in Walt Disney World. (We are able to’t assist however discover our hometown boys – the Dallas Mavericks – are staying on the Grand Floridian, considered one of our favourite Disney resorts! So…we may even see you there!)
Up to date: Disney Across the World
It’s possible you’ll be wandering about Disney’s different parks and properties, particularly after Shanghai Disneyland reopened in Could. Whereas specifics are few and much between, it’s secure to imagine we are going to see related restrictions and measures in any respect parks. Right here is the tentative schedule we’ve been in a position to assemble from numerous experiences:
- Hong Kong Disneyland reopened on 18 June 2020
- Tokyo Disney Resort (Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea):
Second half of 20201 July 2020
- Disneyland Paris*:
September 202015 July 2020
*When Disneyland Paris begins its phased reopening, Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park might be open. Lodging reopening on the Paris resort will embrace Disney Village, and Disney’s Newport Bay Membership lodge.
Disney operates a number of resort properties, which have additionally been shuttered through the Coronavirus pandemic. Whereas the corporate has not posted a complete checklist, we do know…
- Disney Trip Membership properties in Vero Seashore, Florida opened 15 June
- Disney Trip Membership properties in Hilton Head, South Carolina opened 15 June
- Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa in Hawai’i stays closed; no reopening date has been decided.
Disney World Reopening: See You Actual Quickly!
Visiting Disney is a dream for many, from little one to senior citizen. It’s laborious, generally, to place off a dream journey, however we are able to a minimum of begin planning our visits to the Magic Kingdoms as soon as once more. We’ll regulate developments, and replace this submit as warranted.
When you handle to go to any of the Disney parks, particularly within the early days following reopenings, we’d love to listen to about your expertise within the feedback.
Thanks for studying alongside.