Hey Readers! We’ve completed off July and as August begins, we needed to share our July Earnings Report.
These experiences are a clear take a look at all our revenue from running a blog and our numerous side-hustles. It’s our alternative to trace progress and see what’s working and what wants to alter. Our purpose is to succeed in monetary independence, so these month-to-month check-ins are a tough take a look at the place we’re.
Nonetheless first, in July our massive life occasion was a small get-together with shut buddies to look at the Olympic Opening Ceremony. Take a look at our first visitor, Porter, in my tiny studio condominium!
Certainly one of my life targets is to succeed in monetary freedom merely to do extra of those enjoyable occasions with buddies and canine!
What We Achieved in July!
Our July Web site Site visitors
Frankly, our visitors has dropped significantly. Nicely, about 12% by the seems to be of it. That is primarily because of a current Google replace that negatively impacted lots of bloggers, together with a variety of different components.
Moreover, with our current change to Rank Math from search engine marketing Yoast, it’s been a wrestle.
I believe our web site wasn’t correctly listed earlier than between our theme and our search engine marketing plugin, so after we fastened it with Rank Math. Google was like “Wow, the whole lot is totally different proper now. Let’s take a second to take this all in”. We’re making some strikes to repair it, however dang it’s been irritating.
All we need to do is write, and going through all these points is difficult. Running a blog is certainly not straightforward and it’s no marvel why so many give up. We’re both loopy or extremely motivated to have made it this far!
Earnings For July
Now we have been constantly hitting above $500 the previous couple of months and July was no exception. We’ve hit an exquisite groove the place our side-hustle revenue is making sufficient to cowl our prices and even fund a couple of enjoyable experiments.
In July we hit $624 for the month. Most of it got here from adverts positioned on our web site, a sponsored publish, and the third largest contributor was from our dividend portfolio!
These are all fairly unimaginable revenue mills and we’ve talked about them earlier than on the weblog.
- Ezoic – we earn cash when individuals see or click on (more money) on web site banner adverts
- Affiliate Advertising – we earn a fee if somebody buys a product by a hyperlink in your web site
- Blue Host Affiliate – an affiliate hyperlink for web site internet hosting we use.
- On-line Surveys – we earn cash from taking part in on-line surveys like Swagbucks.
- Inventory Images – we earn cash each time one among our photographs sells on-line.
- Sponsored Hyperlink – we’re paid so as to add a hyperlink to firms we rigorously evaluation and like.
- Curiosity Checking/Saving Account – we earn curiosity on the cash in our checking and financial savings accounts.
- Money Again Credit score Card – we earn more money through 2% cashback from utilizing our bank card.
- Looking for Alpha – we earn recurring advert income from SeekingAlpha.com for some articles we wrote years in the past.
- Lending Membership – we earn curiosity from peer-to-peer lending.
- Dividends – we earn dividends from the shares we personal.
Month-to-month Bills for Pockets Squirrel
The expression “It takes cash to earn cash” is definitely fairly correct. As we study new abilities, we discover new software program and processes that assist us make more cash. Nonetheless, they arrive with a price for his or her comfort. Right here is the place our cash went in July.
Month-to-month Bills – $323 Complete
- Bluehost[$36] – Internet hosting Service
- Sitelock [$8] – Further safety for our bluehost servers
- Area [$2] – So we are able to hold the area WalletSquirrel.com
- Bloom [$7] – Our electronic mail types, however we’ll probably be eliminating this quickly.
- Cash Combine Insiders [$166] – Nice mastermind group if anybody is desirous about discussing
- Grammarly [$12] – We are able to’t stay with out this superb grammar software
- The Noun Undertaking [$4] – The most effective web site for icons for our infographics.
- Ezoic Premium [$58] – Ezoic weirdly prices further for his or her premium membership. Now we have emotions…
- Sendible [$30] – A social media scheduling platform. Adam appears to essentially get pleasure from it!
All the things leftover has been invested in my dividend portfolio.
- In July I’ve purchased 2 shares of Apple ($APPL) as a result of they’ve great buyer loyalty.
- I’ve bought 2 shares of Vanguard Excessive Dividend Yield ETF ($VYM) as a pleasant diversified enjoyable of dividend shares.
- Lastly, I’ve bought 2 shares of Vanguard US REIT Fund ($VNQ) to get a diversified portfolio of REITs.
These final 2 vanguard funds are a simple place to take a position further money shortly, with out having to do a tough take a look at a selected firm.
What’s Subsequent For August
August needs to be one other busy month. Adam has been doing an superior job on social media and posting superior graphics each day, you need to comply with us!
I’ll spend August wrapping up some modifications I’ve accomplished on our Affiliate Web site and see if we are able to get Amazon accepted. That’ll be an enormous win and a pleasant bump to our month-to-month Earnings!
Lastly, I’m taking a look at what it’ll take to depart our Ezoic Advert Platform and transfer to one thing like Newor Media. I’m unsure but, but it surely’ll be good to get off the Ezoic Nameserver limitations. It’s been a bizarre course of that I’m okay leaving. Nonetheless, I must do a bit extra analysis. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Pockets Squirrel is a private finance weblog by greatest buddies Andrew & Adam on how cash works, constructing side-hustles, and the advantages of cleverly investing the earnings. Featured on MSN Cash, AOL Finance, and extra!