The Two Oceans Aquarium is reopening to the general public on Tuesday 1 September 2020. The Aquarium employees and animals will as soon as once more welcome members, supporters, followers and guests every day between 09:30 and 18:00 on weekdays, and from 09:00 to 18:00 on weekends and public holidays.
Members of the Aquarium may have 4 unique days to rediscover the magic of the Aquarium and to say hiya to all their favorite animals – Friday 28 August, Saturday 29 August, Sunday 30 August and Monday 31 August – forward of its reopening to most people.
Guests may even have the ability to savour scrumptious espresso and delicious meals on the onsite restaurant, Bootlegger Espresso Firm. The Aquarium Store with its marine-themed merchandise may even welcome guests again.
“We’re delighted to have lastly obtained the go forward from Authorities to reopen our doorways after 5 months of closure,” mentioned Michael Farquhar, CEO for the Two Oceans Aquarium. “The Aquarium will as soon as once more be stuffed with the excitement of enthusiastic guests, discovering the magic and great thing about the underwater world. Now we are able to get again to our goal of saving the oceans and provoking all who go to”.
For the protection, wellbeing and luxury of all its guests, the Aquarium has launched a variety of well being and security measures in step with the most recent authorities rules and a Covid-19 workplace-ready plan has been compiled and carried out.
Well being and security measures
- On-line bookings and ticket purchases are inspired, and contactless cost choices may even be out there on the Aquarium’s ticket workplace.
- Upon arrival all guests might be screened for Covid-19 signs and may have their temperatures taken
- Guests who’re feeling sick or experiencing flu-like signs might be requested to postpone their go to.
- All guests (two years and up) should put on masks during their go to. Masks can be found on the market on the Aquarium ought to guests have left theirs at house.
- The customer capability of the Aquarium might be intently managed always to make sure ample house for bodily distancing at 2m between guests. Guests coming into and exiting the Aquarium might be counted and customer numbers might be restricted to 50% of the Aquarium’s capability, primarily based on the general public house out there.
- Flooring guides might be current to information Aquarium guests alongside the one-way route by the constructing.
- Hand sanitiser might be freely out there to all guests all through the Aquarium.
- No consuming or ingesting might be allowed within the Aquarium in order that guests can preserve their masks on always. Bootlegger Espresso Firm might be open to fulfill hungry appetites.
- Cleansing personnel might be stationed all through the Aquarium and can repeatedly clear and sanitise, particularly round high-contact areas akin to handrails, door handles and the activation buttons of sure displays.
- There might be common bulletins all through the day reminding employees and guests about security protocols.
Among the Aquarium’s displays and choices might be briefly closed within the curiosity of customer security.
- Among the crawl-through displays is not going to be open.
- Marketed feed shows have been briefly suspended, however animal feeds will proceed to happen and guests will nonetheless have the ability to see divers within the massive displays at numerous occasions of the day.
- The I&J Youngsters’s Play Centre has been closed, though the ever-popular puppet exhibits might be introduced within the Aquarium’s Auditorium. This can guarantee adequate house for bodily distancing and higher management of numbers.
- Journey Diving and Penguin Experiences is not going to be out there in the intervening time.
The Covid-19 workplace-ready plan can also be prolonged to the employees of the Aquarium. Workers-related measures and necessities of the plan embody the appointment of a Covid-19 Compliance Officer, coaching of all employees members, checking of employees temperatures when arriving for work, every day signing of a well being declaration by employees, and the obligatory sporting of masks and common hand sanitising by all employees.
The Aquarium’s convention services have reopened with a most capability of 50 delegates per venue.
The Aquarium will adhere to those measures in addition to any others gazetted by Authorities in order that it could actually function in a secure and accountable method and in so doing defend its guests and employees to the perfect of its capability.
Memberships that have been lively on the day of the Aquarium’s short-term closure (18 March 2020) might be prolonged by the variety of days that the Aquarium has been closed in order that members will nonetheless get pleasure from twelve full months of membership.
Memberships and pay as you go tickets that have been bought throughout the lockdown interval should be activated and redeemed inside 90 days of the Aquarium’s reopening.
The Two Oceans Aquarium has been a part of the Cape City panorama for the previous 25 years. Earlier than the Covid-19 pandemic compelled its short-term closure, the Aquarium had solely ever been closed one different day in its historical past. It is going to be “Nice To Sea You Once more”.